Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I'm Just a Girl!!!" -No Doubt

So I had the opportunity to go see No Doubt and Paramore on Monday night!!! It was SO much fun! No Doubt hasn't been touring for a few years, and they haven't released a completely new CD since around 2002. They sounded as great as ever and they still have so much energy invested in their songs. I took my best friend Braquel with me. She is just about to graduate from high school and she still had never been to a concert. So I figured she should get at least one concert under her belt before she heads off to college. It was so much fun going with her. The concert was at the E Center so we drove down there listening to No Doubt. We were actually late to the concert, but that was okay because I didn't want to see the first opening band. We just wanted to see Paramore and No Doubt. Gwen Stefani, the lead singer of No Doubt actually turns 40 this year. That is hard to believe. She brought her son up on stage at one point and we sang happy birthday to him. He was only about two years old. He was really cute! No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom CD was one if not the first CD I ever bought so I've a fan of them since I was around eight or nine years old. This was the first time I got to see them live, so it was really fun to see a band I grew up listening to all the time. And they were better live than I ever even imagined.


The opening act was Paramore. They are a fairly young group and I got into them just last year. I absolutely love the lead singer, Hayley Williams. She is only 20 years old and she has the most crazy, funky, fun hair I've ever seen. Her hair changes constantly. I've seen it like you see it in this picture, also a bright, deep red, and bright orange with bright yellow bangs. She has so much energy; she was all over the stage. I can't remember which band it was right now, but one of the bands' guitarists did a front flip while playing his guitar and he landed it perfectly. It was awesome!!!


Anyway, Braquel and me survived our night out. It was so much fun. I lost my voice the next couple days and my ears rang the rest of the night. Braquel was the smart one who wore earplugs. :) It was funny to watch the people around me during the No Doubt portion of the concert, they all looked so young and a lot of them weren't singing along to most of the songs like I was. My guess, they didn't grow up on it like I did during the time when No Doubt was releasing their albums.
Anyway, it was a blast. Here's a picture of Braquel and me getting ready to leave for the concert! WOO HOO! :) Definitely a night to remember!!!

2 comments:

Ambo said...

Sounds Fun! I love love love concerts!! :)

AnJ. said...

I'm glad you had a good time. We were just saying that maybe earplugs is the way to go because it filters out all the bad sound and you can clearly hear the music.

Fun! Fun!